Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Top 5


reasons to love Reno...

5) The View
drive home
It's truly amazing. You can see mountains in every direction. Seriously, on my way home from work I look at snow covered mountains everyday. It just doesn't feel real. Unfortunately, our digital camera has been having some issues so the only picture I have just doesn't do it justice.

4) In N Out Burger
My In-N-Out
There are others, but this one's mine. I love it. Speak no evil towards it, or I will have to kill you. The only thing I can say is, you will have to try it to understand. Luckily, this one is next door to our apartment so you can have all you want when you visit us.

3) Marks Job
Mark's job
Well, I won't really go into it, but if your interested you can read his post all about it. I'm so happy he has opportunities like this here.

2) My Job
Laura's job
I can officially call myself a government employee. I help in my own little way to preserve land and animals for the future. I do this by making sure the bills get paid. If a small environmental consulting firm does water testing in a stream on refuge property, I send the $5,000.00 payment. If a biologist tags an endangered species at our fish hatchery, I process her timesheet. No, it's not the fun fieldwork I'd love to be doing, but at least I truly believe in my work. I know someone has to do it, and I'm damn good at being anal about money. Plus, as cheesy as it sounds, I really think the Fish & Wildlife Service is doing good things for the public, so I'm very happy to be working for them.

1) The Unknown
I think there are so many things yet to be discovered about this area that we will love. I can't wait to learn to ski, to hike these mountains, and to find new restaurants. It has shown so many possibilities; I just hope we have a chance to try them all. The unknown really is the best thing about moving here. I have this feeling of anticipation with every weekend. In Florida and Georgia, it really felt like we had done everything. It was very hard to think of a new adventure, but here even a drive around town is an adventure. I just wish I could have everyone we know here with us. I seriously miss everyone. Hope you are all having fun.


P.S. There are more pictures on my flickr account. Just click on a picture to link to them.

3 comments:

cj said...

We LOVED seeing the pictures! It really gave us a good idea of what it looks like. Nana, Pa and Aunt Donni looked at them too. Keep posting pictures....I've never seen Nevada

Singularity said...

Wow, Reno is prettier than lets say...ummm Milton. Keep up with the pics. I have to take some of the house soon. We had a leak and theres a hole in the living room ceiling. Let the good times roll. I'll blog about my date later too. See ya and talk to ya later.

Anonymous said...

LJ, I MISS YOU! It looks beautiful there. This is the first time I've visited your blog in a while, and its nice to be able to keep up with the little things. Call u soon! love ya!