Friday, February 11, 2005

My World

I’ve realized that I live in my own little world of cool. Not that I’ve ever really grasped what cool actually is, I just know something I like when I see it. Anyways, I say this because my hero, Ms. Leah Kramer (creator of craftster.org), is also featured in my absolute favorite magazine Budget Living… the feature entitled “People We Love”. I couldn’t have said it better myself. This is but one example of how I’ve surrounded myself (via the internet, magazines, and books) with things that I think are “cool”. So much so, that I’m always finding references to such things within the others. It is as if they are intentionally reinforcing or advertising for each other. The best thing is they truly aren’t ads. The websites I like do a feature on Debbie Stoller, the radio I listen to (NPR) talks about the crafting/knitting craze that is going on right now, and the magazine I read devotes a whole page to the creator of a crafting website. I apparently have managed to surround myself with such sources while simultaneously removing myself from the majority of popular culture. Mostly, I accredit this to the absence of paid television in my life. But there are other factors, such as a total lack of good radio stations in Pensacola, so I listen to way too much NPR. Oh well, I like it here even if it is sort of artificial. It is that wonderful place were young, liberal, creative women rule… my own world of cool.

3 comments:

Singularity said...

All this talk about cool and I'm not mentioned once, thanks LJ

Anonymous said...

I wanna be cool too. But I only know how to wear my sunglasses at night...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! Let me know dates and times, and I'll be there with bells on (a hippie thing, some would say ???) :) I just don't know how to knit!