Monday, July 11, 2005

We Survived!

I just wanted to throw up a real quick post to let everyone know that we are all fine. My household, along with all my friends', survived with little to no damage. I do have a hole in the wall of our attic, but it hasn't caused any water damage. That should be patched by this evening. My husband, roommate and dogs all weathered the storm in a hotel. The power is back on at my hotel (we had evacuated it), and we will be moving into it until the power is back at our house. I think the damage is worse to the east of us, but as far as Pensacola is concerned it seems to be a lot better than when Ivan came through last September. Hurricanes still scare the crap out of me, but Mark and I are really getting to be old pros at "waterproofing" our house, and then handling wind damage. Its only been a year and a half, and we have seen two big hurricanes. I can't believe its only July. Hopefully, we won't have any more direct hits this season. (crosses fingers) I just hope everyone else in this area faired as well as we did.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I heard through the grapevine that it's your birthday! Happy, happy birthday! What a great present that you weathered the storm with no injuries! :)

cj said...

Happy Birthday! I'm still waiting to hear which PBS series you would like. Let me know! :)

Singularity said...

I don't know about you guys but I have a huge hole in the side of my house.