Saturday, March 12, 2005

Our First Meeting

We had our very first meeting of the crafting group last Monday. For our project, we all did some glass etching. Honestly, it was a lot harder than I expected. I didn't realize how tedious cutting out the designs on glass can be. It takes so much concentration just to get a basic image done. Despite some difficulties, overall, I think the night was a success and everyone's projects came out nicely.

Now, I just feel like we need to nail down more of the details about the group. Right now, I will plan our next meeting for about a month out. I've had Sunday nights suggested, and the next one I have available will be March 27th, but that is Easter. So I'm thinking the evening of April 3rd would be the best choice. In fact, if everyone is okay with Sunday evenings in general, then we can just plan on meeting the evening of the first Sunday of each month.

Secondly, I've got several ideas for what to do at future meetings such as knitting, subversive cross stitch, embroidery, etc. I'd love some feedback on this, so please comment if you have any ideas or suggestions.

5 comments:

Singularity said...

I had fun LJ. I will come whenever you do smething besides knitting or stiching.

Da Beef said...

I had so much fun! The meeting times sound great to me. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with some ideas too...I'll let ya know if I come up with anything. But your ideas sound good. I've already got an idea for the cross stitch!!!

cj said...

Hmmm, "subversive cross-stitching"...the mind races. Is this an undercover type stitching designed to overthrow the government? Oooo, I know, it's stitching cryptography into clothing for CIA operatives! No, they already have that I think. Does it have anything to do with blindfolds and secret hand shakes?
Well, don't let Mark into the group...he's subversive enough already!

Brillig said...

Indeed. I showed up late but I always enjoy getting my craft on. I may be inclined to do some knitting, if that is I would be aloud to participate. Ya know…cause I’m a dude.

cj said...

Mark, I luv u butt yor speling sux
I beleve u meant "allowed" not "aloud".
Luv, mom (A.K.A. the spelling Queen)